Thursday, August 9, 2012

Jungle Ascent soon to be published




Some Effect Cards

 Some Hazard Cards

 Some Pathway Cards

 Some Jungle Ascent action!

I am about to accomplish one of my life goals!  Jungle Ascent, my new board game, is being published by 5th Street Games, and it should be up for pre-order this fall!
Help me out by clicking here:  Jungle Ascent image gallery
Choose an image and click on the thumbs up!
Right now, I'm feverishly trying to finish all the artwork in between my regular job, family reunions, and trying to maintain my sanity.  Wish me luck!  It's been a long, long, difficult project.  Sarah, THANK YOU for all your help and support!  You have been the number one biggest help (playtesting, prototyping, videoing, endless awesomeness)!  I also need to thank my friends and family who have given me encouragement, playtesting, criticism, and enthusiasm.  I'll try to get a better thank you list together shortly!  Also, a special thanks goes to the Board Game Designers Guild of Utah, who have been absolutely indispensable in making Jungle Ascent polished, balanced, and fun.  Thanks, everyone!

8 comments:

Shinobi said...

That's totally awesome!!!!! I'm totally buying this game!

nomi said...

Brian!!! We have the very original prototype to put in the archival museum in coming years! We are so excited! (Now I need further explanation...can I "like" this on different computers and have it count again?)

Brian Kohrman said...

Haha, no, I don't think so... But, thanks!

Thirdmango said...

Dude, this is amazing. The moment it comes out let me know, we can play it and then I can throw up a glowing review of it on the site I write for to help get the word out.

-Jon

Shinobi said...

hey Jon, what site do you write for? I should check it out.

Melanie said...

Congratulations Cuz! I am so proud of you!! I can't wait to buy it and tell EVERYONE I know that MY cousin made it! Family game night never meant so much!! Great job!!!! XXXOOO

Unknown said...

Hello Mr Brian,


My name is Marcelo and I am a founding partner of the Gigante Games in Brazil. First I want to congratulate you for the excellent game that you created. I'm a big fan of your work.

We are a small publishing house and we are just getting started, but we'd love to be able to bring the game Jungle Ascent to Brazil in a portuguese version.

I do not know if you still own the rights to this game. I've tried contacting the publisher and got no answer yet.

I want to leave this open communication so we can exchange information.

The market for selling board games are just starting in Brazil. I believe this game will have a great acceptance here.

Thank you for your attention and sorry for making contact in a so unconventional way


Marcelo Pegado
mpegado@gigantejogos.com.br

Brian Kohrman said...

Hi Marcelo,
Thanks for your interest! I've contacted Phil about this.

Cheers!
Brian